Services & Facilities
MBZUAI Library is a gateway to a range of resources and services, collated and designed to support the learning, teaching, and information needs of the University’s academic programs, and scholarly and research interests.
Located in Masdar City, the library provides spaces for engagement between faculty and students, complemented by quiet areas for concentration and contemplation. Comfortable reading and study areas create a productive atmosphere for research.
The collection focuses on the interdisciplinary field of artificial intelligence and includes core electronic resources and a range of print resources to support academic, scholarly, and the intellectual and professional needs of the university community. A curated digital collection will showcase MBZUAI's research and scholarly output.
Library staff are available to assist you with your resource and research needs and we invite you to discover the library’s resources and services through this portal.
Collection development focuses on scholarly and academic publications in the field of artificial intelligence and includes books, reference sources, academic journals, and conference materials:
- Print materials in the main collection are browsable and available for borrowing.
- Materials placed on course reserve are available for short-term borrowing, and as determined by course instructors.
- Electronic resources are available on and off campus, for reading online or downloading, and according to available licenses.
- An inter-library loan and document delivery service is available to support specific research needs.
Enrolled students, current faculty and staff may borrow materials from the library and have access to licensed electronic resources
- All resources are discoverable through a single-search interface available on the library’s website. Instructional resources are available to support use of this tool.
- Electronic resources are normally available 24/7, on and off campus and MBZUAI credentials are required to access licensed electronic resources.
- Physical collections are browsable with the exception of course materials, where access is mediated by library staff. Some resources like reference, current issues of periodicals, and archive material may not be circulated outside the library and are intended for in-library use. Students and staff may be required to present identification to check out physical items.
- Patrons have access to a personal library account to renew books, place holds, check outstanding fines and fees, suggest new titles, and create booklists.
Library staff are available to support academic, research and teaching needs and the following services are offered, as scheduled by instructors, or on request:
- Orientation of library collections and services
- Library resource and bibliographic referencing instruction
- Library research consultations, including formulating searches and conducting literature searches on a particular topic
- Research guides to supplement course materials and support library research skills
Patrons may complete eService forms available on the library website, or if preferred, email the library team directly for assistance.
The Library provides an environment conducive to quiet study and managed collaborations, and includes the following facilities:
- Study spaces
- Access to physical and electronic collections
- BYOD support
- Printing and scanning facilities
Students are encouraged to avail themselves of library services, resources and facilities, actively and responsibly, and specifically:
- Students are responsible for returning all materials by the due date and time, and on request;
- Late returns may incur fines and replacement fees
- Login credentials should never be shared
- Copyright is always observed
- Silence in quiet study spaces is expected
- No food or drinks should be consumed in the library – with the exception of covered drinks (coffee, tea and water). Single-use plastic is strongly discouraged.